Ohndorf, Markus, Dr.
How to find us
From Zurich main station
- From tram stop "Hauptbahnhof": Tram no. 6 (direction Zoo) or no. 10 (direction Bahnhof Oerlikon or Flughafen) to tram stop "ETH/Universitätsspital"
- You need a valid ticket for zone no. 10 ("Stadt Zürich")
Dr. Markus Ohndorf
Institute for Environmental Decisions (IED), Chair of Economics
Phone: +41 44 632 79 69
Fax: +41 44 632 10 42
Oberassistent am Lehrstuhl für Nationalökonomie
Sprechstunden nach Vereinbarung
- Environmental and Climate Economics
- Public Choice
- Law and Economics
- Contract Theory
- Contributor to the ETH Climate-Blog.
- Expert Reviewer of the Working Group (WG) III contribution to the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5).
- Representative of ETH Zurich at UNEP's First Global Intergovernmental and Multi-stakeholder Consultation on the fifth Global Environment Outlook Report (GEO-5), 29-31 March 2010, United Nations Environment Programme, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Moderator of "COP15 COPENHAGEN: Panel discussion at ETH Zurich" on the UNFCCC Climate Change Conference COP15, 01.12.2009 Auditorium Maximum, ETH Zurich
- Reviewer of the UNEP Global Environmental Outlook GEO4, 2007 United Nations Environment Programme, Nairobi, Kenia
- Co-research analyst for the German Advisory Council on Global Change (WBGU), from 2005 to 2007
- Peer Reviewer for the GHG Protocol Initiative: Review of the publications on the standardization of Greenhouse Gas accounting on the corporate level
Oberassistent at the Chair of Economics, ETH Zurich
2006 - present
Lecturer for Environmental Economics and Researcher at IED, ETH Zurich
2003 - 2006
Research Assistant at the Center for Economic Research, ETH Zurich
2001 - 2002
Research Assistant for the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), Geneva, Switzerland
2000 - 2001
Consultant for Information Technologies for Accenture, Frankfurt, Germany
1994 - 1996
Attendance of several United Nation Conferences as a representative of a non-governmental organization (World Summit of Social Development in Copenhagen, "Habitat II" in Istanbul and the respective Preparation Committees in New York)
1993 - 2000
Studies of economics at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- MacKenzie, I.A., Ohndorf, M., (2013). Restricted Coasean Bargaining, Journal of Public Economics, Volume 97, p. 296–307.
- MacKenzie, I.A., and Ohndorf, M. (2012), Optimal monitoring of credit-based emissions trading under asymmetric information, Journal of Regulatory Economics, Volume 42, Issue 2, p. 180-203.
- MacKenzie, I.A. and Ohndorf, M. (2012), Cap-and-trade, taxes, and distributional conflict. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Volume 63, Issue 1, January, p. 51-65.
- Rohling, M. and Ohndorf, M. (2012), Prices vs. Quantities with Fiscal Cushioning. Resource and Energy Economics, Volume 34, Issue 2, May 2012, p. 169-187.
- MacKenzie, I.A., Ohndorf, M., Palmer, C. (2012), Enforcement-proof contracts with moral hazard in precaution: ensuring `permanence' in carbon sequestration, Oxford Economic Papers, Volume 64 (2), p. 350-374.
- Halbritter, K.S. and Ohndorf, M. (2012), Optimal liability apportionment in programmatic credit-based emissions trading, Climate Policy, Volume 12, Issue 4, p. 440-452.
Schubert, R. Ohndorf, M., and Rohling M. (2012), Mainstreaming Impact over Time - Who Measures What for Whom?, in: Koehn, D. (ed.), Greening the Financial Sector: How to Mainstream Environmental Finance in Developing Countries, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, p. 165-190.
- Ohndorf, Markus. Regulatory and Contractual Issues within the Clean Development Mechanism of the Kyoto Protocol - An Economic Analysis. ETH (2009). doi:10.3929/ethz-a-005915145.
- Ohndorf, Markus and Renate Schubert, 2005, International Cooperation behind national Borders: Country Case Study on Switzerland, Prepared for the Book Project The New Public Finance: Responding to Global Challenges, Office of Development Studies, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New York
- Ohndorf, Markus and Schmitz, Simon, 2004, When Accountants create Knowledge - Learnings from the International Standardization of Greenhouse Gas Accounting, in: Frank Biermann, Sabine Campe, Klaus Jacob, eds. Proceedings of the 2002 Berlin Conference on the Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change “Knowledge for the Sustainability Transition. The Challenge for Social Science”, Global Governance Project: Amsterdam, Berlin, Potsdam and Oldenburg, p. 21-31.
- Ohndorf, Markus and Gillenwater, Michael, 2003, GHG Protocol guidance on uncertainty assessment in GHG inventories and calculating statistical parameter uncertainty, Contribution to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Initiative, Online Publication.
Recent Working Papers
- MacKenzie, Ian and Ohndorf, Markus (2012). Restricted Coasean bargaining ETH Zurich, CER Working Paper 12/156.
- MacKenzie, Ian and Ohndorf, Markus (2011). Optimal monitoring of credit-based emissions trading under asymmetric information ETH Zurich, CER Working Paper 11/152.
- Justin Caron and Markus Ohndorf (2010). Irreversibility and Optimal Timing of Climate Policy. IED Working Paper 14.
- Ian A. MacKenzie, Markus Ohndorf, and Charles Palmer (2010). Enforcement-proof contracts with moral hazard in precaution: ensuring ‘permanence’ in carbon sequestration. Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics (LSE). Working Paper No. 27
- Markus Ohndorf (2010). Optimal Monitoring for project-based Emissions Trading Systems under incomplete Enforcement. IED Working Paper 13.
- Moritz Rohling, Markus Ohndorf (2010). Prices vs. Quantities with Fiscal Cushioning. IED Working Paper 11.
- Palmer, Charles, Ohndorf, Markus and MacKenzie, Ian A., 2009 Life's a breach! Ensuring 'permanence' in forest carbon sinks under incomplete contract enforcement. ETH, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research at ETH Zurich (2009). doi:10.3929/ethz-a-005859366.
- Ohndorf Markus, 2006, Optimal Damage Schemes for CDM Forestry Projects, Working Paper – Institute for Environmental Decisions (IED – ETH Zürich)
- Ohndorf, Markus. Optimal Monitoring for project-based Emissions Trading Systems under incomplete Enforcement, Fourth World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists (WCERE), 28 June - 2 July 2010, Montreal, Canada
- Rohling, Moritz and Ohndorf, Markus. Prices vs. Quantities with Fiscal Cushioning, Fourth World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists (WCERE), 28 June - 2 July 2010, Montreal, Canada
- MacKenzie, Ian A. and Ohndorf, Markus. Reconsidering the choice of market based environmental policy instruments: rent creation and political influence, Fourth World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists (WCERE), 28 June - 2 July 2010, Montreal, Canada
- Palmer, Charles, MacKenzie, Ian A. and Ohndorf, Markus. Ensuring ‘permanence’ in forestry carbon sinks under incomplete contract enforcement, 17th Annual Conference of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE) 24-27 June 2009